Feb 3, 2008

Intake Session - 2/3/08

It was superbowl Sunday I remember... because Jonathan was slightly aggravated that I planned this at a time where he would miss half of it. I really didn't think about that at the time but it ended up not being anything great that we missed.

We were 10 minutes late to the intake session because we couldn't understand our directions that I printed from mapquest. UVA gave me directions but I thought I would be able to follow the mapquest ones better. Guess I was wrong. I felt so bad being late!

When we walked into the room that we would be in, I immediately recognized Amori Mikami from her picture on the internet articles. I almost felt like I had met a celebrity for a moment.

Joey sat at a big table with a couple of young adults who asked him lots of questions. They performed an IQ test. I can't wait to see what the results were! They asked Joey all about his friends and everyday life (I think). I know that Joey loved all the attention and the many opportunities to talk.

Jonathan and I went into a smaller room and filled out lots of questionnaires and talked to a researcher about our own assessments of Joey's behaviors. It was kind of nice to talk to other people who understood what we were talking about and for once I didn't feel like someone was thinking I was just not parenting good enough.

I was really looking forward to the next steps of the study...

No comments: