Aug 23, 2008

Oops - My own ADD kicked in

Well, my own ADD kept distracting me from keeping this updated and it just feel off of my radar after a while. I hate that because now I don't remember how I felt about everything from April til now.

I don't know if Joey is handling his ADHD better yet. I think I will find out soon though. He starts the 3rd grade in two days.

I was not able to get any medication for him. The doctors are convinced that he will be fine without it. Well, they are not the ones dealing with a son that comes home crying all the time and constant notes from the teacher. I am going to try to believe the doctors for a while though and see how the year starts. Of course, I would rather Joey not have to take anything but if everything falls apart in the next few weeks - I believe medication is definately worth it. I'll have to prove it to the doctors.

I haven't wrote "the letter" to Joey's new teacher yet. I'm talking about the letter I always have to write to tell them all about Joey and his ADHD and why he acts the way he does. I am wondering if I should write it before Monday or wait and see if Joey blends in first. I've tried that before though, and it never works.

No comments: