Mar 30, 2008

Parent Training #3 - Homework

Assignments:

  • Attentive Listening
  • Constructive Feedback
  • Effective Praises - lots of them
  • Special Times
  • Create Secret Signal
  • Play Games and practice skills
  • Talk to Joey about dealing with teasing

Joey was out of school on spring break all this week. It has been a rough week. I haven't done much of the homework. We've been too grouchy with one another.


I will write more later...



For this week I only managed to do a few things right. I did try to listen attentively a few times. I probably only did it completely right once. He was extra talkative this week. I gave him some nice constructive feedback, but also quite a bit of yelling feedback (I get an F in that). I remember giving him some praises but they were harder to say this week just because I was grouchy.
I ended up forgetting all about the game playing assignment. I was going to talk to him about bragging and then come up with a secret signal but he was not ready to hear anything about him bragging. I just dropped it and decided to wait until a better day. I didn't really need to talk to Joey about his bullies this week. He is starting to do good with that. We talked about ignoring his bully a few weeks ago and he has enjoyed making the boy mad each day. He sees that it is working some but he is getting impatient that the results are not immediate.

No comments: